Monday, May 7, 2012

Still Alive

I have a lot that I wanted to write, but I cannot because the place that I am staying at has just a single, slow computer and there are a number of people waiting for it.

For now, I'll just say that it's been a challenge so far.  The weather has been a little hotter than I thought it would be, which makes me hike pretty slow most of the time.  I've actually hiked a pretty good distance - something like 140 miles - which is quite a bit further than I was planning on going during this first part.  My feet are still blister-free, but they ache pretty bad - so, I might slow down for the next few days.  Everyone else out here has been hiking for the past couple months, so some people have flown past me.  And when they get to town, they eat quite a bit more than me too.  I haven't developed the hiker appetite yet, although I did manage to finish two double cheeseburgers and fries yesterday - which I was pretty proud of.

From AT 2012

And civilization has been pretty scarce too.  This is the first chance I have had to get on the internet.  The guidebook said this place had wifi, but they've just the one wired internet connection.  I was hoping for more libraries and wifi hotspots, but I'm not too sure about those any more.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, if your feet start getting real sore, you can walk on your hands instead.

    ReplyDelete